Becoming a Facets Member is quick and easy. All you need to do is click on the ‘Become a Member' link on the homepage. From there, please follow the on-screen instructions.
To change, cancel, or suspend your membership, please contact us by phone at 773-281-9075 ext. 117 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary reason for taking your details is to protect Facets from potential customer fraud. Unfortunately occasionally customers have been known to cancel membership of Facets Online, and not return outstanding titles.
We are unable to offer this service to customers unwilling to provide us with valid payment details.
Facets uses Stripe to process credit cards online. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. To accomplish this, they make use of best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security at Stripe.
To request a new password, call the Facets Videotheque at 773-281-9075 ext. 117 or email email@example.com
Let us know by email what's missing and we will send you out another one.
You can temporarily suspend your Facets subscription for up to 2 months.
Having trouble finding DVDs to rent? Here are some hints to help you find exactly what you're looking for!
- A quick and easy way is to search for individual titles using the search box. Just type in a word, a few words, or part of a word.
- Do not use quotes when searching for titles: simply enter the title into the search field and the listings will appear alphabetically.
- Searching for a TV series? Enter the series title into the search box and add a colon directly after the title (Example, Alias:) this will enable you to view the entire list of the seasons and discs associated with that series.
- If you enjoy watching movies with a particular actor or director, enter their name in the search box and a list of their movies available on DVD will appear.
- We have categorized our DVDs to make it easy for you to find movies, so browse through the list of genres and sub-genres and choose one that appeals.
- Alternatively, browse movies using the first letter in the movie title, or via the surname of actors and directors, or by a range of years in which the movies were made.
- Just For You - a list of movies we recommend, customized especially for you!
- Expert Picks - our panel of experts list their favorites here
- Highest Rated - the movies that your fellow customers have rated the highest
- Most Popular - these are the most rented DVDs
- New Releases - the 'new kids on the block', now available for rental
- Coming Soon - they're on their way, so Reserve these now
- Pot Luck - this could be your lucky day! Movies chosen to add spice to your life
- The Duds - movies that received the lowest rating by Facets customers (who said bad isn't sometimes good?)
- 5 Stars - movies that were recently rated five stars by Facets customers
You will need to report it as "lost" or "damaged". You can do this using the website, but you may want to also contact the Videotheque, either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 773-281-9075 ext. 117. Facets reserves the right to charge you the recommended retail price if you are responsible for loss or damage to a disc.
We will always email you to let you know when we have received a disc back from you, or when we have sent a new one to you. However the best way to monitor your Facets account is to go to your "Current Rentals" page. From here you can actually see the title of each disc that have been sent to you and on what date it was sent.
You can change your registration information at any time. This includes changing your mailing address and telling us your new email address.
It is possible that occasionally you will be sent a disc that will not work correctly when played. This is especially true in the case of older DVD players that are a lot more sensitive to grime that can build up on the disc.
Due to the build up of dirt, dust and fingerprints on the bottom of the disc it is possible that this can cause the disc not to play.
You may find by simply cleaning the disc with a nonabrasive cloth that this resolves the issue. To clean the disc correctly please follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Before cleaning make sure you handle the disc by the edges and avoid touching the shiny side of the disc.
- Step 2: Using a nonabrasive cloth, wipe from the centre of the disc towards the outside edge in straight lines. Note: Do not wipe around the disc in a circular motion as this may cause more damage to the disc.
- Step 3: You can now try to watch the movie.
- Step 4: Should the problem still persist, repeat step 2 again using a tiny amount of water on the cloth. Note: Ensure that the disc is completely dry before placing back into your DVD player.
If all steps have been completed and the disc is still unplayable you can report a problem with the disc via the website, or either contacting the Facets Videotheque by email email@example.com or phone 773-281-9075 ext. 117.
Always store the DVD in the disc pouch and the return envelope when not in use.
Do not leave the DVD near a heating unit or in direct sunlight (near a window or in an unventilated car).
The Videotheque has an unrivaled archive of rare and hard-to-find films on VHS, many of which are out-of-print and unavailable for rent anywhere else. As a Facets member, these films are at your fingertips. However, the rarity and weight of these films require extra security. VHS rentals have an additional delivery service charge of $7 for 1 tape, $10 for 2 tapes or $12 for 3 tapes, with the fees charged directly to your credit card. They will be mailed and charged separately from any DVD packages you may also be getting. If you would like to avoid being double charged, we may be able to create a DVD transfer of the VHS you are interested in. You can inquire about this by contacting the Facets Videotheque by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 773-281-9075 ext. 117.
VHS is mailed via USPS Priority Mail and is to be returned by the member via their method of choice.
Also, a $250 fine is instituted if an out-of-print tape is destroyed, damaged or lost while in your possession.
You can cancel your membership with Facets at any time. The cancellation will take effect at the end of your current billing cycle, and once all your currently rented films have been returned. If your films are not returned, billing will continue even after a cancellation request is placed. You can cancel using the website, but it is always a good idea to contact the Facets Videotheque by email email@example.com or phone 773-281-9075 ext. 117 to make sure the cancellation has gone through, and you are avoiding unwanted monthly charges.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facets Video Rentals
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614